STANDARD ECONOMY MODEL FEATURES
With DBU’s Master Builder Ten-Year Limited Warranty and Home Owners’ Guide.
ENERGY EFFICIENT: 14-SEER AC unit & 410A refrigerant, digital thermostat, efficient air filters, Low E windows, R38 attic insulation, R19 sidewall batts, standard roof sheeting. This home will equal the EPA’s the Energy Star Level I standards.
Included in DBU’s standard Energy package are; 410A refrigerant, digital thermostat, efficient air filters, Low E dual pane vinyl Alside or equivalent performance series windows, 1” exterior foam, air barrier poly-sealing (doors, windows, bottom plates, and penetrations), split batts, sealing of return/supply cans and R6 flex ducts, Advanced Framing Techniques and Optimum Value Engineering DOE OEV standards. Energy efficient hot water heater, low flow toilets, low VOC emission paints and carpets. Optional blower door and duct blaster testing with HERS Inspection and rating for the EPA’s Energy Star certificate Energy Star certificate at $1,000.
You may upgrade at $2,300 to a 15 SEER AC unit, R50 attic insulation, R21 sidewall batts, and TechShield roof sheeting. This is far beyond the Energy Star Level 1 standards.
Other energy upgrade options include; upgraded windows, SolaTube, tank-less under-counter hot-water heaters, spray foam insulation, attic vent fan, hot water heater upgrades, etc.
KITCHEN & BATH CABINETS: We recommend Bob’s Cabinets for Aristokraft products. DBU customers have also selected cabinets from Tri-Pacific, Accurate Measures, Custom Counters and Cabinets, and Kitchen & Bath Concepts.
With these firms, DBU will help you with kitchen design details and cabinet and counter selections. This is important because each home is unique in its own way and deserves a special touch that sets it apart. Our design professionals have the skills and experience to offer unique cabinets, countertops, sinks, faucets, and trim that can define your DBU home and give it those singular qualities you are seeking.
KITCHEN & BATH COUNTERS: The more popular quality kitchen and bath counters are carried by Bob’s Cabinets. DBU customers have also selected counters from Tri-Pacific, Accurate Measures, Custom Counters and Cabinets, and Kitchen & Bath Concepts.
The more economical counter materials include laminates such as Wilsonart and Formica. Another option as is ceramic tile. Some people prefer solid counters such as CaesarStone, SileStone, or Hi-Macs. The more expensive counter options include Granite tile or granite slabs.
Costs of the materials vary widely depending on individual tastes and preferences. The following cost estimates include materials and labor in Lake Havasu City:
- Laminates such as Wilsonart or Formica start at $15 psf and up (psf = per square foot).
- Ceramic tile counters ($1.49 tile, mud float, edging, 6” backsplash) start at about $25 psf & up.
- Granite tile counters (mud float, edging, 6” backsplash) start at about $32 psf & up.
- Granite slab counters (3 CM, std edge, 6” back-splash) start at about $53 to $59 (2CM) psf & up.
STANDARD ALLOWANCES: Tile roof free. $3,000 cabinets (see Bob’s Cabinets–Aristokraft), $1,200 stylish decorator laminate kitchen/bath counters. $2 psf living area flooring installed ($4.75 psf tile in kitchen-baths-entry and $1.77 psf carpet in great room and bedrooms). $2,000 for septic/sewer. $1,200 appliances. $500 light fixtures. $500 bath bars and mirrors. Also included: standard Moen chrome faucets. Bath tub/shower units are standard fiberglass in our standard economy models. Prewire and finish trim for TV & phone jacks. Steel clad front door. Garage ceiling 8’ with one 16’ x 7’ OH door. Driveway allowance 400 sq ft. Concrete pumping not included and not required on normal lots. Final grade with two loads AB gravel included. Landscaping not included. 5-1
OPTIONS AVAILABLE: Energy upgrades to LUX standards only $2,300. Upgrading builder-grade carpet to ceramic tile floors typically starts at $3.40 psf (assuming tile material at $1.80 psf or less). Upgrade a fiberglass shower to ceramic tiled walk-in shower typically starts at $2,300 (assuming the tile at $2 psf). Add a third bath starting at $3,300.
Attached RV garages typically start at $30,000. Widen front of garage 11’ for a third-car 9’x7’ OHD only $14,000 at 38’ deep. $10,000 for a 30’ deep garage. Upgrade from a standard 8’ garage ceiling to a 9’ ceiling with an 8’ high OHD is only $900 per 2-car unit.
Pools start at about $19,000. Pool walls are typically $63 per lineal foot, gates extra.
Consider a SolaTube for natural light. Other options include underground electric lines, garage sink, exterior brick, decorative concrete, exterior deck tile, patio/pool cool-deck finish, exterior accent paint, mirrored wall in dining room, interior burgundy accent paint, expanded patio and patio slab extensions, garage office, furnishings, window coverings, landscaping, extra bedrooms. House, patios, garage are all expandable. Decorative finishes on exterior concrete by quote.
Other Standard Economy Model Features:
- Vaulted ceilings in a great room, one or more pot shelves, rounded corners in great room.
- Quality double stainless steel kitchen sink. MOEN chrome faucets. laminate counters, tile options.
- Entree styled cabinets to brighten the kitchen, your choice of manufacturer.
- Oven/range, 30″ hood, dishwasher, quiet disposal, recessed light over sink.
- Breakfast bar. Select your colors on laminate kitchen counters. Tile and solid counter options.
- Generous allowances on appliances, light fixtures, floor coverings, cabinets, etc.
- Provincial panel style steel clad exterior doors with dead bolts for security. Sliding glass door to patio.
- Provincial panel interior doors to complement the exterior. Full weather stripping.
- Upgraded flat and semi-gloss paint throughout interior.
- Living space exterior walls 2×6 studs reinforced with cross bracing and shear panels.
- DOE OEV framing with mid-span fire blocks on all external walls for crack control and strength.
- Pre-wired for phones and TVs in each room. Pre-wired and pre-plumbed for bubbler and timer.
- Wired for ceiling fans in most rooms and rear patio. Indirect light receptacle on pot shelf.
- WIRSBO AQU APEX high tech water system, 25 year limited warranty.
- Pre-plumbed for reverse osmosis, soft water, icemaker, and garage laundry tub. FG showers/tubs.
- Electric 5O gallon hot water tank. Garage wired for opener. 400 sq. ft. driveway allowance.
- Finished garage, 8’ ceiling, insulated sidewalls. Standard four-panel metal 16 x 7 OH garage door.
- Full RV hook-up with water, electrical, and dump. All copper wiring.
- A big 20×10 rear covered patio on most models. Expansion options available.
- Sewer or septic tank connection allowance included. Termite protection guarantee.
- Sole plate treated and caulked to foundation for crawling insect control. Sole plate dusting optional.
- Arizona Registrar of Contractors warranties on most materials and labor.
- DBU’s Master Builder Ten-Year Limited Warranty and DBU Home Owners’ Guide.
See our web site www.dbuhomes.com for over 70 floor plans.
TURNKEY Construction…includes sales tax, all permits, licenses, septic tank or sewer hoop-up per allowance, water meter, above ground electric service, etc. You provide the lot ready to build on. If you wish, we’ll supervise the survey, PERC test, and grading work. Landscaping and ceiling fan installation not included. All dimensions and specs are approximate. Builder reserves the right to make minor and normal adjustments due to material availability and construction conditions. Prices and specs are subject to change due to market conditions. Some models have additional upgrades and changes from these specifications. Many options available. 9-9-15
Our main model is located at 750 Little, just off Jamaica.